Cub-fuser Glass Kiln
The Cub-fuser fills the gap in between the Hobbyfuser 3 and the larger Pro-fuser. Essentially the “Cub” is identical in every respect to the larger ” Pro” accept for size. The Cub is unique in it’s size however as we believe that it is the largest kiln in the world that will follow conventional glass firing cycles from a 13 amp plug top. Designed for glass fusing, slumping, casting, paint and stain. A practical piece of studio equipment with a smart look in brushed stainless steel.
The Cub is the first of Kiln Care's kilns to feature the unique KCX electronic over temperature system. The KCX is integral to the inner wiring of the kiln and will shut the kiln down and provide audible warning in the event of a kiln over temperature fault. The KCX works independently of any safety systems in the KCR32C and makes the Cub unique in having in built over-fire safety.
The controller can be upgraded to a KCR32CWIFI controller. The KCR32CWIFi is internally the same as the KCR32C allowing you to enter up to 32 different programs, but has the capability to be accessed and controlled remotely from your mobile device. Using Kilncares GATEway access site you can view how your kiln is running in real time. Stop the firing or adjust programs all without even being in the same country let alone the same room. Please call us if you would like to upgrade.
Please make sure that you plug this kiln into the mains and NOT into an extension lead.
Creative Glass Guild offer FREE delivery to UK mainland addresses (excluding some remote and highland areas).
We offer you great discounts when you purchase a kiln from us - this kiln entitles you to 15% off glass and materials purchases for a year! (This excludes sale items, books and power tools).
- Internal size 510mm x 510mm x 225mm
- 3.0kw single phase, fitted with plug top to suit country.
- 960c maximum temperature
- Quartz tube "infra-red" heating system
- Stainless steel chamber and base
- Lid spring lift assist
- Inner shelf included meaning a flat floor, no recess
- KCR32C digital Control with 32 programs and 32 ramps
- Optional KCR32CWIFI control with GATEway internet access
- Kilncare unique KCX over temperature, in built protection
- Fast react thermocouple
- Non ceramic fibre construction
- High tech “super” backing insulation
- Large vent/spy hole with spring return, anti-dust flap
- Designed and built by Kilncare in the U.K
- FOUR years guarantee on ALL parts INCLUDING the elements
- We recommend a 300mm clearance all around to allow air circulation and better cooling efficiency
- Comes with a £50 voucher to spend on System 96 fusing glass
Also available with the following accessories
- Shelf and posts
- Powder coated stand
- Shelf, posts and stand
- Stand and wheels
- Shelf, posts, stand and wheels
Specific Kiln Information
- 240 volt
- Single phase UK 13 amp plug fitted
- Outside dimensions including stand Width: 35" x Depth: 31" x Height: 21" (w895mm x d810mm x h550mm)
- Maximum Temperature 950°C
- Weight 94kg
- CE marked, built to CE standards
Call us if you would like any further help with your choice on 0117 9588820.
Please note that these kilns are made to order and delivery can take up to 3-4 weeks depending on factory workload.
- * * * * *21/12/2019
Cub Fuser KilnBy Sarah Dickinson
I am new to this, and decided to invest in a kiln as I loved the taster sessions I have had in glass fusion. I love the ability to work directly on the shelf for the final assembly before closing the lid, it is very easy to work in this way. However, you do need the shelf, it isn't an extra, the shelf becomes the base of the kiln, there isn't another one. The pre-set programmes helped me initially, before I fully understood the glass schedules.
I have also bought the stand and casters. It is a very heavy kiln, and I would not have had anything suitable for it to sit on. The casters are also essential to me as you need to pull the kiln away from the wall to open the lid, and for safety, it is advised when firing for it to be away from walls etc.. The casters make this very easy, and I can push the kiln back into it's corner when not in use.
I love this kiln and recommend it, but you DO need the shelf, it isn't an extra, and I recommend the stand and casters too.