Cub-fuser Glass Kiln
The Cub-fuser fills the gap in between the Hobbyfuser 3 and the larger Pro-fuser. Essentially the “Cub” is identical in every respect to the larger ” Pro” accept for size. The Cub is unique in it’s size however as we believe that it is the largest kiln in the world that will follow conventional glass firing cycles from a 13 amp plug top. Designed for glass fusing, slumping, casting, paint and stain. A practical piece of studio equipment with a smart look in brushed stainless steel.
The Cub is the first of Kiln Care's kilns to feature the unique KCX electronic over temperature system. The KCX is integral to the inner wiring of the kiln and will shut the kiln down and provide audible warning in the event of a kiln over temperature fault. The KCX works independently of any safety systems in the KCR32C and makes the Cub unique in having in built over-fire safety.
Please make sure that you plug this kiln into the mains and NOT into an extension lead.
Creative Glass Guild offer FREE delivery to UK mainland addresses (excluding some remote and highland areas).
We offer you great discounts when you purchase a kiln from us - this kiln entitles you to 20% off glass and materials purchases for a year! (This excludes sale items, books and power tools).
- Inside dimensions: Width: 20" x Depth: 20” x Height: 9" (w510mm x d510mm x h225mm)
- Optional shelf measures 490mm x 490mm
- Fires to 960 Celcius
- KCR32C controller with 16 adjustable programs with 32 segments in each program
- High performance infra-red quartz elements - extremely hard wearing, strong and easy and cheap to replace
- Easy to open and close lid with spring lift assist
- Kiln lid made from stainless steel and lined with non-ceramic fibre - this method of insulation removes the danger of brick dust or particles dropping onto the glass
- Large vent/spy hole with spring return
- Anti dust flap
- Four year warranty including the elements
- UK manufactured by Kilncare in Stoke on Trent
- We recommend a 300mm clearance all around to allow air circulation and better cooling efficiency
- Comes with a £50 voucher to spend on System 96 fusing glass
Also available with the following accessories
- Shelf and posts
- Powder coated stand
- Shelf, posts and stand
- Stand and wheels
- Shelf, posts, stand and wheels
Specific Kiln Information
- 240 volt
- Single phase UK 13 amp plug fitted
- Outside dimensions including stand Width: 35" x Depth: 31" x Height: 21" (w895mm x d810mm x h550mm)
- Maximum Temperature 950°C
- Weight 94kg
- CE marked, built to CE standards
Call us if you would like any further help with your choice on 0117 9588820.
Please note that these kilns are made to order and delivery can take up to 3-4 weeks depending on factory workload.
- * * * * *21/12/2019
Cub Fuser KilnBy Sarah Dickinson
I am new to this, and decided to invest in a kiln as I loved the taster sessions I have had in glass fusion. I love the ability to work directly on the shelf for the final assembly before closing the lid, it is very easy to work in this way. However, you do need the shelf, it isn't an extra, the shelf becomes the base of the kiln, there isn't another one. The pre-set programmes helped me initially, before I fully understood the glass schedules.
I have also bought the stand and casters. It is a very heavy kiln, and I would not have had anything suitable for it to sit on. The casters are also essential to me as you need to pull the kiln away from the wall to open the lid, and for safety, it is advised when firing for it to be away from walls etc.. The casters make this very easy, and I can push the kiln back into it's corner when not in use.
I love this kiln and recommend it, but you DO need the shelf, it isn't an extra, and I recommend the stand and casters too.