Primo Shelf Primer
Hotline Primo Shelf Primer (batt wash). Announcing a breakthrough in kiln shelf priming. For firing directly onto kiln shelf or ceramic glass slumping moulds. Mix one part primer to five parts water and pre-fire to 260C for 10 minutes.
- Hotline Primo powdered primer fires to 843C (1550F) and higher
- Glass does not stick to the shelf
- Primer does not stick to the glass
- It removes from shelf after firing by brushing or by wiping with a damp sponge
- No more tedious and messy scraping
- Packed in easy access plastic containers - 1.5lbs and 5 lbs
- Apply this product to shelves or moulds with a haik brush, to avoid brush marks
Instructions for Primo Primer: We recommend applying 5-6 coats, which can be done in one go as it soaks into the stone. Then fire to 260c for 10 mins to fully dry and cure. You can the fuse on the shelf, avoid opaque glass as a base as it is prone to picking up all primers. Clear / transparent colours work better.
It will generally need to be rubbed back a little with sandpaper and re-coated each time for full fusing. For lower slumping temperatures, you may get a few firings before rea-application is necessary. Watch for any prmer becoming loose or flaky.
For High temperature texture and casting moulds we recommend our ZYP Boron Nitride Primer