Stained Glass Starter Kit
Our stained glass beginners kit contains all the tools required to begin making stained glass, & Free delivery! You can add some glass to get started and take advantage of free delivery (see dropdown below)
We include the Hakko FX601 Soldering Iron for reliability and its temperature adjustor on the handle which helps you prevent melting through the lead. We do not offer cheap irons with our leading kits as they overheat and melt lead came.
Along with the soldering iron, this stained glass starter kit also contains:
- A choice of Toyo Glass Cutter (TC1 Pencil Grip or TC600 Pistol Grip)
- Standard Grozing Pliers
- Safety Glasses
- Glass Marker Pen - Black
- Lead Vice
- Horse Shoe Nails (bag of 20)
- Tallow Flux
- Black Graphite Polish for blacking lead (75ml tube)
- 5 sticks of C Grade Solder
- 800g tub Leaded Light Cement
- 454g bag of Whiting
- Protool Lead Knife
- Small 12" (305mm) Cutting Square
- All Nova/Fid
- 1 Length 6 x 5 Round lead came
- 1 Length 12 x 5 Flat lead came
- Practice Glass 3mm
- Selection of free glass from our wide range
Please see individual product descriptions for more information about each item in the kit.
The Hakko iron allows you to control the temperature and can be adjusted on the handle, it is light weight an very reliable. This reduces the tendency to melt the lead came as well as the solder. The temperature control can be turned down to prevent the lead came melting or turned up hotter if you find the solder isnt flowing fast enough for your technique. Or where you are using the iron more, for example when copper foiling.
Need some extra glass to go with your kit? check out or stained glass selection packs
Free DPD Delivery plus Save 10% off the retail price!