Wissmach 96: Black Opaque Luminescent
Please note that due to the nature of how this glass is made it is common for the glass to contain roll marks - please consider this may be a factor when designing your project. If using for fusing this will fire out.
Wissmach 96 is 3mm thick art glass made for glass fusing and kiln forming. Special care is taken to avoid devitrification and all our glass is tested to fire with any other glass that is labeled COE 96.
- Ideal for fusing projects, can also be used in standard stained glass, traditional painting on glass and copper foiling applications
- Easy to cut - perfect for beginners
- Great value
- Tested for fusing - 96 COE
- Compatible with all the System 96 range of glass
Wissmach 96 coated glass is similar to the iridescent coatings, but not quite the same. Therefore, it is called luminescent coating. It does create different effects depending on the way you fire it.
You can fire luminescent glass:
- Coated side down onto a kiln wash dusted fiber shelf and the coating will intensify
- Coated side down onto a kiln washed shelf or shelf paper and it will still look intense but different
- Coated side up and the luminescent coating will stay on darker colors if you fire no higher than 765°C / 1410 °F, but will fade away on lighter colors giving the glass a beautiful sheen
- Cover the coated side with a piece of clear and the coating will fade away completely
- * * * * *17/08/2023
Lovely black iridBy Sarabeth Halley
This glass looks great, cuts well and grinds easily. I've used it in a few small projects and like it so far. Will very likely buy again when I need more.
- * * * * *12/04/2023
Black Opaque LuminescentBy Roy Dodds
Gorgious, holding all the promise of thunder and lightning.
- * * * * *27/08/2022
Wissmach fanBy andrew wilks
I make stained glass pictures and only ever use Wissmach glass because of its quality and value. The Wissmach 96: Black Opaque Luminescent is a stunning, beautiful piece of glass that will delight you.