The Grand-Fuser sits at the head of the "fuser" family. A range of sized kilns to suit every glass artist, with exceptional build quality.
Free Delivery to UK mainland addresses. (excluding some remote and highland areas). plus £100 to spend on System 96 Fusing Glass at CGG and 20% discount off purchases for 12 months!
- Internal size 1300mm x 800mm x 320mm
- Power 12kw single phase OR three phase and neutral.
- Quartz tube, Kanthal A1 "infra-red" element technology.
- Angled and spring assisted viewing / vent ports in front chamber wall.
- Optional automatic and programmable motorised roof vents.
- Kilncare's unique breathing Stainless Steel slatted roof.
- Stainless Steel roof, chamber and base.
- High load, breathable and expanding walk mesh under floor.
- Recessed floor.
- Gas Strut lid lift assistance.
- KCR32, 32 program, 32 segment controller.
- Solid State Relay rapid response control.
- High performance relay heat sink.
- Ultra-fast response Inconel thermocouple.
- KCR32 integral mounted.
- 36 month guarantee on ALL parts including the elements.
Internal Dimensions: 1300mm (w) x 800mm (d) x 320mm (h)
External Dimensions: 1700mm (w) x 1170mm (d) x 1300mm (h)
Power: 12KW Single or 3 Phase
Max Temp: 960c
External width increases to 1550mm when the KCR32 floor mounting bracket is used.
Height increases to 1330mm when the optional automatic vents are fitted.
The floor of the Grand-fuser is made from high grade, lightweight insulation bricks that give both a structurally steady surface to place the work on and a thermally steady base to aid in maximum glass results. The Grand-fuser floor is recessed by 40mm.
The elements are wound with Kanthal A1, renowned as the worlds best element wire. The elements are inside quartz tubes and the quartz tube element system we use is widely known as "infra-red" kiln heating.
The heating system is in the roof only. Unlike other manufacturers, the element system in the Grand-fuser is fully covered under the kilns 36 month all parts guarantee.
The boards that make up the chamber are specially produced for us and are pre-fired to 1100c before inserted into the kiln to remove any shrinkage or warping that could otherwise happen.
The roof has two vents. The vents are closed with Stainless Steel vent flaps which are lined with insulation pads with an anti-dust covered surface for clean operation.
As an option, these roof vents can be motorised and are then programmed to open or close at any point through the firing cycle and just as importantly, at the end of a cycle when those painstaking 150c or so need to be shifted before the kiln can be opened. It could make the difference between coming in to a kiln that can be unloaded in the morning, or one that has still got 3 or 4 hours of cooling before it can be opened. The vents can also be automatically opened at the start of a crash cool then closed before annealing begins.
The kiln is supplied with a KCR32 is multi-program controller designed for glass use. With the facility to store 32 programs each of up to 32 segments. Each segment is a controlled heating/cooling ramp followed by a soak. It is supplied pre-programmed with 9 pre-set glass programs (which can be over-written and/or adjusted).
The facility to heat or cool as low as 0.1c per hour make this the perfect glass controller.
• 32 programs - each with up to 32 segments
• Each segment is a controlled heating/cooling ramp soak
• Suitable for glass or ceramics use
• Soak times up to nearly 100 hours
• Ramp rates from 0.1 to 999°C/hour (full).
• Programs can be reviewed or altered while firing
• Program Pause & Segment Advance facilities
• Keyboard lockable
• Delayed start facility - up to 4 days
• Power failure recovery
• Energy used display
• Event / Damper / Fan relay output
• Alarm relay with alarm buzzer
• Mains power switch
The Grand-fuser is on lockable castors.
The lid seal is not stuck on but is held in by a removable stainless steel picture frame and as such, in the event of damage, it is fully replaceable leaving a factory fitted finish that will give years more trouble free use.
Each Grand-fuser is fired to 800c with its own KCR32 programmer before dispatch to ensure perfect operation, calibration and removal of most of the binder vapors that are released by all kilns on the first firing.